FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
and other things you should know about TR!CKSTER and TR!CKSTER Events
• WHERE is the Brick & Mortar TR!CKSTER store?
The TR!CKSTER store is located in Berkeley at 2631 Ashby Ave, Suite A, Berkeley, CA.
• WHAT are the brick & mortar TR!CKSTER store hours?
The TR!CKSTER store is open Tuesday-Sunday, 11:00am-7:00pm.
• WHAT is TR!CKSTER’s mission statement?
TR!CKSTER exists specifically to support and promote the creator-owned work that has made modern art and storytelling vibrate with unique vision and voice, and to inspire and empower others to create and own their own work.
• HOW can I get my work into TR!CKSTER?
TR!CKSTER is actively gathering works of a unique and high quality to offer in our store space and on our gallery walls. We are not accepting “submissions”, but rather seeking and acquiring work on a case by case basis. We’d love to offer space to anyone with the ambition to create and own their own work.
• CAN I buy a booth for a TR!CKSTER event? HOW much is a table?
A TR!CKSTER event is not a convention. It is a pop-up store, existing in a specific geographical locations for limited amounts of time. We will not be comprised of traditional “booths” or “tables”. You’ll find TR!CKSTER designed more closely in spirit to a retail store, featuring book and merchandise displays. We’ll try to let you know when artists will be on hand for signings, but their work will be available during normal store hours through a central register. With this in mind, there are no opportunities to purchase space at a TR!CKSTER event.
• SERIOUSLY? A TR!CKSTER event is free to enter?
– Yes, A TR!CKSTER event is a store. It’s free to enter. You’re free to walk in and wander the shop, peruse original artwork, mingle with creators and fans, buys books, buy drinks and perhaps a snack. At night it’s free to enjoy the Pen ‘n Drink life drawing sessions and DJ. The SYMPOSIA will be ticketed as will the Art Demos and you’ll pay money for those. You can purchase Symposia tickets under the events tab. Art Demo tickets will be available at the pop-up location.
• WILL you be looking at portfolios? Can I show you my work?
TR!CKSTER is not a venue for showing your work or finding a job. Instead, we hope to inspire and empower the future artists and storytellers of the world by presenting and analyzing work of high quality through the Symposia workshops, evening life-drawing sessions, and opportunities to meet with printers and makers of books and art. We will NOT have editors or publishers on hand reviewing work in an official capacity. We do, however, encourage you to strike up conversation with the free-roaming artists and storytellers that will undoubtedly be roaming in and around TR!CKSTER. We hope that, through casual and polite conversation and discussion, you’ll learn more about WHO we are and WHY we create the work we do. In this way, perhaps, you’ll find added inspiration to create and better your own work and work habits.
• WILL all of the artists and writers you’ve listed be at a TR!CKSTER event?
The ranks of TR!CKSTER are composed of individuals who are participating in a variety of ways. Not all artists or writers will be in attendance the whole week or even in attendance each day. Certain creators will be on hand for the Symposia. You’ll find creators in and around TR!CKSTER enjoying polite conversation and cocktails. TR!CKSTER is designed as a venue where artists and writers are free to enjoy themselves on simple terms. We’d like to meet you as much as you’d like to meet us. At TR!CKSTER we hope to have these acquaintances transpire in a more face-to-face fashion. Additionally, some artists being celebrated at TR!CKSTER will not be in attendance at all. Their work, however, and an effort to celebrate HOW they work will be presented.
• CAN I bring some books to be signed to your event/to the store?
It’s our hope that TR!CKSTER is considered a venue for mingling, chatting, and sharing ideas. We ask that you use your best judgment and etiquette when striking up a conversation with anyone at a TR!CKSTER event. Be considerate of their time and generosity. More than likely you’ll get the signatures you’re after, but if a creator is enjoying polite conversation, it’s probably not the best time to approach them with a stack of books. It’s important to the creators at TR!CKSTER to be able to converse and enjoy the event in a leisurely and relaxed way.
We’re hoping to schedule gatherings at our brick-and-mortar location that will give fans a chance to claim the signatures they crave! Keep your eyes peeled – we’ll post in-store events on the website.
• SO say TR!CKSTER goes off without a hitch. Can we expect you back next year?
– TR!CKSTER is being conceived as a traveling series of pop-up stores. Where it lands, nobody knows.
• WHEN is the next TR!CKSTER event anyways?
TR!CKST3R: San Diego will be held at the East Village Tavern Bowl, located at 9th & Market in San Diego! See you there!